PVC insulated wire
PVC insulated wire
PVC insulated wire and cable: PVC insulated wire and cable products are divided into fixed wiring with no protective cover cable, fixed wiring with sheathed cable, light unsheathed flexible cable, general purpose sheathed flexible cable, installation cable and shielded wire, special purpose protective sleeve flexible cable, PVC insulated flame retardant refractory cable and other products.
1. Preferred regular manufacturers, business products. The wire packaged on the disc should have a certificate of conformity, and the wire body should be printed with the factory name or trademark, voltage, 3C mark, etc. Manufacturers of counterfeit and shoddy wires are often "three noes" products, but there are also ambiguous indications such as the place of origin on it, such as made in China, made in a province or a city in China, etc., which is actually equivalent to an unmarked place of origin.
2. The conductor materials used in wiring are mainly copper and aluminum. In the purchase should first be based on the load used to select the corresponding specifications, such as lighting lines using 1.5 square millimeters of copper wire or 2.5 square millimeters of aluminum wire, air conditioning, microwave ovens, ovens, etc. using 2.5 square millimeters of copper wire or 4 square millimeters of aluminum wire, the choice of suitable specifications of the wire can avoid short circuit fire due to insufficient ampacity of small specifications of the wire; secondly, when purchasing, attention should be paid to the quality of the conductor, and the qualified copper core wire should use purplish-red, glossy, soft-touch copper, The shoddy copper core copper core is purple-black, yellowish or white, with many impurities, poor mechanical strength, poor toughness, and a little force will break, and if it is a multi-stranded copper wire, there is often a broken line, and the service life is short.
3. The outer skin used for wiring is PVC insulation material. Qualified wire insulation should have a smooth appearance and clear surface printing. From the wire head observation, the insulation should be uniform and not biased core. Some of the shoddy wire insulation looks very thick, but in fact most of them are made of recycled plastic, and over time, the insulation will age and leak electricity.
4. Good quality wires, generally within the specified weight range. In terms of price, due to the low production cost of counterfeit and shoddy wires, vendors often sell at low prices under the guise of cheap and good quality when selling, which makes people deceived. The assessment of wire quality is mainly carried out by professional inspection agencies, and the main technical indicators in the report are as follows:
1. Conductor DC resistance. It directly reflects the current carrying capacity of the wire, which is usually said to be how much load it can carry. This index is related to the conductor material, the cross-sectional area of the conductor (wire specifications), that is, the wire diameter.
2. Finished product withstand voltage test. The main assessment is whether the external insulation of the wire has leakage electricity. This indicator is related to the material and manufacturing process of insulation.
3. Insulation (sheath) thickness and mechanical properties and other items. The main assessment of the service life of the wire and the use of the environment. The insulation thickness is too thin or eccentric, and it is easy to break in a thin position during installation or use, resulting in leakage. Wires with inferior insulation materials have a short service life.