The water ingress of the cable can easily affect the normal use of the cable. First of all, we must recognize the hazards of water ingress of the cable. Generally speaking, after the cable enters the water, the phenomenon of "water tree aging" will occur under the action of the electromagnetic field, and the water tree will form. After that, the electric field is prone to change at the place where the water tree of the cable is formed, which reduces the insulation performance of the cable. When it is finally able to conduct electricity, the cable is broken down, which seriously affects the stability of the power supply. What are the reasons for the water in the cable? Is there a solution? Shenyang Jinda Cable will tell you what to do when the cable gets into water today.
First of all, to figure out what is the reason for the water in the cable? In the long-term production practice of Jinda cable, the following three points are summarized:
1. During the cable laying process, the cable heads at both ends are not sealed or the seal is not good, or when the cable is laid through the pipe, the outer insulation of the cable is broken and water seeps into the cable.
2. After the cable is laid, the cable heads at both ends are exposed to the air or humid environment for a long time.
3. Local cable breakdown has occurred during cable power supply operation, resulting in water seepage into the cable.
Shenyang Jinda Cable will give you advice on how to solve the water ingress of the cable:
1. After the cable is laid, make the cable head in time, and complete the wiring to eliminate hidden dangers in the bud.
2. If only the two ends of the cable get into the water, just cut off the two ends and reconnect the cable ends.
3. If the cable has an obvious water entry point, it is necessary to cut off the cable near the water entry point and make an intermediate joint.
4. There will inevitably be water accumulation in outdoor cable wells or cable channels. Try to fix the cables with brackets as high as possible.
5. Use special hot nitrogen to pressurize and dry the cable inside. Generally, there is no such professional equipment.
6. Regularly carry out pressure and leakage tests on the cables to ensure timely understanding of the running status of the cables.
So, all in all, Jinda Cable reminds you that the effective way to prevent the water from entering the cable is prevention, because once the water enters, either make an intermediate joint or replace the entire cable.